My current assignment for class is 'image within an image.' After reading over (and over again) the assignment prompt, I had no idea what I'd photograph. Of course, I can take pictures in front of windows, mirrors, water....but I don't want to do what
everyone would probably be doing. I recently bought a new bag, and decided to take a picture of it to show to my friends not at Trinity. And then, I noticed that this piece hanging from my bag zipper is reflective. From where I placed the bag, I could see the posters taped on my dorm wall. So, I experimented with it. Some of the pictures came out pretty well. I set the aperture to 4.0 so the focal point would only be at the reflective part, and the rest of the bag blurred. Afterward, I looked around my room for other objects that have reflective qualities. I remembered about my big 'bug-eye' sunglasses. So, then I took pictures of me wearing them, concentrating on the composition and what would be reflecting off the lenses.


The rest of the project will be completed when I go home for spring break. I will probably go to the beach as sun is setting and head up to downtown LA to scour the streets with cool storefronts!
No comments:
Post a Comment