Shoot from the hip is the motto for lomography. Earlier today I had a conversation with another photography enthusiast and he told me about his Holga camera. I've wanted to purchase one since I was twelve years old. Back then, I was scared of the results considering Holga's are cheap plastic cameras with not much control over aperture, shutter, light, etc. And, the only place I knew that sold them, besides online, was Urban Outfitters--which, of course, inflated the prices. I think I am ready to buy one now. Hearing about the Holga camera and all the fascinating, creative things you can do with it makes me excited about getting one. It'd be a great change from my Canon digital. I am in love with the dreamlike effects of Holga cameras give images. The optical distortion, light leaks, oversaturated colors, and exaggerated vignettes (bent corners of image), and unpredictable outcomes are all results of the Holga cameras.
Friday, April 24, 2009
"shoot from the hip..."
Shoot from the hip is the motto for lomography. Earlier today I had a conversation with another photography enthusiast and he told me about his Holga camera. I've wanted to purchase one since I was twelve years old. Back then, I was scared of the results considering Holga's are cheap plastic cameras with not much control over aperture, shutter, light, etc. And, the only place I knew that sold them, besides online, was Urban Outfitters--which, of course, inflated the prices. I think I am ready to buy one now. Hearing about the Holga camera and all the fascinating, creative things you can do with it makes me excited about getting one. It'd be a great change from my Canon digital. I am in love with the dreamlike effects of Holga cameras give images. The optical distortion, light leaks, oversaturated colors, and exaggerated vignettes (bent corners of image), and unpredictable outcomes are all results of the Holga cameras.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment