The past week has been pretty cloudy and gray outside that I did not get the chance to execute my shadow project plan. Originally, I had a plan to shoot a series titled "Flight of the Birthday Balloon." I was inspired by the film "Flight of the Red Balloon"--a foreign film directed by Hou Hsiao-Hsien. I wanted to take pictures on a field of green grass or flowers and have my friend hold a big balloon in the first picture. She would be wearing a full skirt so that there are defined silhouettes. In the 2nd image, the balloon would take flight. In the third image, the subject would chase after the balloon.
However, a couple days ago I did manage to shoot some pictures. I went to the park near Trinity (Breckenridge Park) and walked around, hoping to be inspired by the tall trees and woodsy scenery. I did not find much because all the trees were blocking the sun, considering it was almost four in the afternoon. Soon enough, I noticed a bridge that casted a subtle shadow on the concrete ground. After taking a few pictures, my friend drove me around the park because I wanted to head towards the Japanese Tea Garden. On our way there, I saw a wooden bridge that reminded me of something that would be illustrated in a Flintstones cartoon-->shown in second image. In the third image, my friend is holding onto a flower, which coincidentally the petals shape a heart. I like this image a lot because of the cracks and duotone with sepia undertones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ISO 100, 1/640, f/5.0
hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....
ReplyDelete