Tuesday, January 27, 2009

change

I must say that being in this photography class brings a new perspective. It is very different for me because I have to follow certain guidelines and restrictions in my photography... I have my own style and like to stick with it. I don't like to plan what I'll be taking pictures of. When I see something interesting or beautiful (or ugly, whatever floats your boat) I want to capture it. However, this class will help me build my portfolio if I ever decide to go into creative advertising. And, I am forced to learn about my camera! Ever since getting my Canon Rebel DSLR, I've taken thousands of pictures--all of which I took randomly and did not follow a certain shutter speed or aperture opening. I never really read through the manual either. Yea, not a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I've never been a big fan of planning thing out either. Sometimes it is more helpful if you have basic ideas and go from there...instead of planning things out. Most people in the photo world don't like to live inside the photographic guidelines.

    Definitely try your hardest to ALWAYS use manual. The photo quality is better that way. You might even find some new trick by using manual more often that can become a sort of style or signature...you never know. I hope that happens to me some day. Usually the only time I use P or the green square is when I am in a rush to take a picture and don't have the time to balance the focus and the shutter speed, etc.

    ReplyDelete