Earlier today there was a Lunar Year Festival held at the Fiesta room on campus. This festival was organized to celebrate 9th day of Chinese New Year/Year of the Ox. There were all sorts of Asian condiments (chow mein, fried rice, egg rolls [the best food there--not made by Aramark!], steamed buns, Korean pancake). Some of Trinity's cultural clubs had performances, including a traditional Vietnamese fan dance, hula dance, an instrumental and vocal group singing a Chinese pop song titled "Will You Marry Me?" (yes, awwww)....and the San Antonio Lion Dance association came to the celebration. The whole time I was awaiting the lion dance. As a little girl, whenever my mother took me to see Chinese New Year parades in LA, the lion dance was always my favorite and the one that caught my short-span attention. I took a few pictures and wanted to capture the beautiful, vibrant colors of the lion costumes and the movement of the lions. Here are some of my favorites [click to zoom]:




I don't like the harsh lighting in the Fiesta room. It casted a yellowish tint in my images :(
No comments:
Post a Comment