Sunday, February 1, 2009

streetcorner symphony

In all honesty, I find it a bit difficult to find "cool" places in San Antonio to photograph. San Antonio is a vast city, but it has a small town feel. In California--where there are a million places to go to take pictures...downtown LA for cityscape, Laguna Beach for the gorgeous ocean views, Melrose and La Brea for the artsy district, and so on--I suppose I never have to "find" things or places to take pictures of. Here, it's a different story. However, yesterday afternoonish, I went to the King William district, where there are stunningly beautiful (yet old) houses and colorful restaurant buildings. Our third project focuses on using the aperture and shutter speed settings~landscape, cityscape, and events. Since it was pretty sunny outside, I mainly used fast shutter speeds (1/2500-1/500 seconds) and low f/stop numbers.

Here are some pictures from my adventure:

After wandering around King William district, my friend and I drove down Broadway and the Witte Museum caught my eye. On the museum's side is this intricate iron gate that has Roman-influenced details. Behind the gate is a castle-looking tower.

In this picture, I wanted to point the focus towards the building..
I played with the saturation of this image because it came out a tad bit overexposed. I like the yellow juxtaposed against the pretty blue sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment